The Hunger started in 1998 with the goals of:
- Supporting Catholic Missions
- Birthing missionary hearts in those who participate
- Helping parishes and participants recognize our responsibility to those less fortunate
- To learn about the condition of our own heart
- Offer a wholly Catholic fasting program supporting all stages of life
We have come to believe:
- Everyone is called to mission simply by virtue of being a member of the Body of Christ. The way this is takes place is endless from going on a mission to supporting missions and missionaries financially; by donating items or by working within organizations to change laws or conditions.
- When one goes on mission, one goes and does what needs to be done. (not necessarily what one wants to do)
- When one goes on mission, one goes with whoever else is going and discovers friends through the experience.
- God will birth missionary hearts in those who participate and allow Him to work through your hands.
- Prayer is foundational to action.
WHAT: 30 hour fast experience for youth & adults.
WHERE: Overnight site is St. Patrick’s, Oak Grove
WHO: Anyone interested, 7th Grade & up, friends welcome.
WHEN: Friday-Saturday, March 7-8, 2014 (Fundraising before event.)
Begin fasting at 1:00 PM Friday (meet at St. Patrick at 7:00pm Friday night) – we break our fast with the Holy Eucharist around 5:00 PM at Saturday Mass. Parents are invited & encouraged to attend Mass/Dinner with your child. (RSVP necessary for Dinner.)
HOW: Registered with Parent Permission Slip by February 19th to participate.
COST: $35.00 per person.
(Pick up a collections packet to begin fundraising for $ and prayer hour donations prior to March 7th.)
QUESTIONS: Contact Tammy Molitor 763.753.2011 firstname.lastname@example.org