Grades 9 & Up Programs
- Confirmation Preparation
- Confirmation Reflection Forms/Packets
- Alternative Confirmation Retreats
- NET Ministries LIFELINE Event schedule
- Pilgrimage/Mission Trip
- Steubenville Youth Conference
Your journey toward Confirmation
Program Info – 2015/16
Confirmation, together with Baptism and Eucharist, form the Sacraments of Initiation. In the Sacrament of Confirmation, the baptized person is sealed with the gift of the Holy Spirit and is strengthened for service to the Body of Christ.
The Confirmation program is available for youth in grades 10-12. Registration is required and Must be formed in the faith through parish programs and have completed at least two years of LifeTeen (or equivalent from another parish) AND one year of EDGE MEETING THE MINIMUM ATTENDANCE REQUIRED.
Completed pre-requisites for Confirmation (Confirmation day retreat of no less than 4 hours, one Lifeline, Triduum, received the Sacraments of Baptism, and First Eucharist.)
Registered before the last Orientation date – ALL CANDIDATES MUST ATTEND AN ORIENTATION SESSION WITH THEIR PARENT OR SPONSOR. - This is Session ONE.
Sponsor form AND a copy of their Baptismal certificate (please inform Director if you were baptized at St. Patrick) should be turned in at Orientation. (Sponsor info forms and how to choose a sponsor are available on our website, Youth Booth and at registration. (Please check specific dates your sponsor MUST be available.)
- Candidates will receive a folder with all forms, their PASSPORT and workbook at the Orientation. The candidate will keep the PASSPORT in their folder to get stamped or signed at each session and workshop (this is their record and ours of their attendance.) They will also use this for getting volunteer hours signed off and as a check-off sheet for other requirements.
- Please note that there are 24 class sessions offered twice each year. All sessions will be offered on a Wednesday and a Sunday for flexibility. Candidates only need to attend the session once. Make-up classes are not available. These sessions will be offered every year.
- Candidates are allowed to miss up to 3 “class sessions” BUT any missed session must be completed at home and signed off by their leader. Candidate may not miss two consecutive sessions.
- Parent Sessions: Two different parent sessions will be offered twice a month. Parents need only to attend one of the two per month. (total of 8 sessions) Sign in upon arrival - Parent sessions meet in the St. Cecelia Center. Sponsors are invited and encouraged to also attend when possible.
$65.00 before July 1st and $80 after – this includes all materials and workbook – Candidates must have The Catholic Youth Bible NAB which was given to them in the EDGE or LifeTeen program. Bibles can be purchased at St. Patrick Book and Gift or St. Georges in Blaine.
Sunday Morning Session: 9:00- 11:00am .
Wednesday evening Session: 6:45-9:00
2015/2016 Calendar coming soon
- Received the Sacraments of Baptism and First Eucharist (If you are a teen and would like to know more about becoming Catholic, please contact the Linda Abel-Thomas)
- Well formed in the Catholic faith 1st - 5th and active participation in the EDGE Middle School Formation program or similar.
- Have completed two years of LIFETEEN
- LIFETEEN Participants are required to attend a day retreat and one NET Lifeline event. In addition to the 1st year requirements, they may also start working on their 10 volunteer hours. The 10 hours of Volunteering at St. Patrick DO NOT have to be completed in their first year.
- Submit a letter of intent: "Why I want to be Confirmed" (200-300 words) and submit with registration. Candidate will register for one of the Orientation dates at registration.
- Choose a practicing, Catholic sponsor (see how to choose a sponsor)
- Submit sponsor information form
REGISTRATION AND ORIENTATION DATES: 2015-2016
You must sign up for an orientation date - either at the May 20th Confirmation Info Session OR by contacting Linda Abel-Thomas
Registration Dates: Orientation Dates:
Spring 2015- watch your mail for registration materials Wednesday, June 17: 6-8pm
NEW THIS YEAR - PAY ON-LINE! Monday, June 22: 6-8pm
Wednesday, July 15: 6-8pm
Sunday, August 16: 9-11am
- Confirmation, together with Baptism and Eucharist, form the Sacraments of Initiation that are all intimately connected. In the Sacrament of Confirmation, the baptized person is “sealed with the gift of the Holy Spirit” and is strengthened for service to the Body of Christ.
Life Teen is a Catholic, Eucharist-centered parish youth ministry program for High School teenagers. Developed more than twenty years ago, today Life Teen is used by over 1200 Catholic parishes around the world. The mission of Life Teen is to lead teens closer to Christ—to make Christ’s message relevant for today’s teens.
The Life Teen program has three components: Life Nights, Issue Nights, and Social Nights. Life Nights are the catechetical component of the program. The non-classroom, interactive format makes learning about the faith fun but also challenging. Issue Nights deal with specific “real world” issues such as drinking, gossip, chastity, etc. These nights help teens see how their Catholic faith is relevant to every aspect of their lives. Finally, the Social Nights build Christian community and friendships through games, skits, food, and fellowship. All Life Teen Nights follow the flow of the Holy Mass—Gather, Proclaim, Break, and Send.
The Life Teen program at St. Patrick Catholic Church meets on Wednesdays each month from 6:45-9 PM—see the Youth Formation Calendar for details on specific dates. Registration is required for participation in the program, and there is a fee. The program is for students in grades 8-12. 8th and 9th grade students must be enrolled and participate in the Life Teen program in order to be eligible to register for the Confirmation program in 10th grade.
Volunteers are needed to make this program a success. If you would like to become a Core Member or Core Member Assistant, please contact Linda Abel-Thomas. All training will be provided.
- Wednesdays 6:45 – 9:00 pm
- September 24 - Lifeteen Retreat for all 8th and 9th Graders - 5:00-9:00pm at St. Patrick - registration forms available at Youth Booth
- October 25th: AYD (Archdioceasean Youth Day) @ UST noon - 10:30pm Pre-Confirmation Youth can use this as their day retreat requirement.
Regular Class Nights - 6:45-9:00pm
- See family fee scale for more info
How to join us:
- Register youth for this program by attending one of the Open House registration dates. If registration dates have passed, please call the parish office at 763-753-2011.
- Sign up as a volunteer Core Member of Core Member Assistant by calling Linda in the parish office
To be a Volunteer:
- Must have Virtus training
- Must complete a background check
- Attend training sessions as provided
- Tammy Molitor at 763.753.2011 or email email@example.com
Sponsor Candidate Project Packet - Candidate Copy
Sponsor Candidate Project Packet - Sponsor Copy
November weekend retreat permission form
NET MINISTRIES - CONFIRMATION RETREATS 2015-2016
September 18-20, 2015
October 9-11, 2015: Register
October 30-November 1, 2015: Women of Worth Retreat (for high school women):
November 13-15, 2015
November 20-22, 2015
December 11-13, 2015
January 29-31, 2016
February 12-14, 2016
February 26-28, 2016
March 11-13, 2016
March 18-20, 2016
April 8-10, 2016: For Virtue (for high school men)
April 15-17, 2016
NET Ministries' Confirmation Retreats are exciting, faith-filled weekends that begin at 7pm Friday evening and end at 2pm Sunday afternoon. Attendance is required for the ENTIRE retreat. The cost for each retreat is $145.00 5 meals and dormitory-style lodging.
Please note: Accommodations can be made for those with allergies to egg, dairy, gluten, and nuts, as well as for vegetarians, provided advance notice of at least 2 weeks is provided. For other special food requests, please contact Jeffrey Campeau.
SWAT: Students with a Testimony (PEER MINISTRY)
SWAT provides opportunities for young people from the Church of St. Patrick to share their faith with other young people in our parish. Members of the SWAT Team may serve as a small group leader for EDGE or EDGE retreats, Drama Ministry, give a testimony, or even join the team for our weekend Confirmation Retreat. This is an excellent opportunity to come together to share our faith in Jesus with one another.
Peer Ministry is open to all Confirmed young people in the parish AND High School Youth actively seeking the Sacrament of Confirmation. To become a member of our SWAT Team, perspective candidates are required to attend the Peer Ministry Weekend Retreat held at Camp Sallie in Linwood, MN during the month of August. This is an overnight camp experience with food, fellowship, and faith. Permission forms for this retreat are available in the spring and can be found at the Youth Booth in our Gathering Space. Registration is required for participation, and there is a fee for this retreat. If you missed the retreat last summer, you are welcome to attend our monthly Peer Ministry Gathering! See below for schedule.
The Peer Ministry Weekend Retreat is mandatory and a non-negotiable requirement for all new participants who wish to be a part of the Confirmation retreat team.
Every other Monday 7pm-9pm
See formation calendar for specific dates
Meet in the Youth Room
Permission forms for all off campus events are available at the Youth Booth or click on the event to download a form.
Adult team requires:
- Must have Virtus training
- Must have a background check
- May require a driving check
- Attend training as provided
- Linda in the parish office at 763.753.9955
- Email Rob Masloski at firstname.lastname@example.org
LIFELINE Events are great opportunites for families and available the 1st Saturday of each month October-May. St. Patrick schedules a bus for a couple of them. To join the Youth of St. Patrick, please click on the date you would like to join us, fill out the permission form and turn in by the deadline.
Lifeline is a part of NET (National Evangelization Team) Ministries which is an international youth ministry program. NET’s mission is to challenge young Catholics to love Christ and embrace the life of the church.
Locally, Lifeline is a monthly program for young people in grades 8-12 in the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis. Gatherings are held on the First Saturday of the month—unless dates coincide with major feasts or solemnities in the Church; check the Lifeline schedule—at the NET Center in West St. Paul, Minnesota. Each Lifeline evening includes Mass followed by locally and nationally known speakers, musicians, priests, and entertainers. Doors open at 5:30 PM, and the program begins at 6:00.
All Life Teen and Confirmation participants at the Church of St. Patrick are required to attend one Lifeline gathering during each year of their Confirmation formation. Second year Confirmation students who did not attend a Lifeline session in the first year of their sacramental preparation will be required to attend two Lifeline gatherings prior to being confirmed.
Transportation from the Church of St. Patrick to the NET Center is provided for several dates in the Lifeline schedule and may also be provided for additional dates as well if at least thirty people have registered for that month’s program. Registration is required for all participants, and there is a fee. Permission slips are also required and must be returned to the church by the set deadline in order to reserve transportation. Students are encouraged to attend any or all of the Lifeline gatherings; family and friends are always welcome.
NET Ministries is under the ecclesical vigilance of the Most Reverend John C. Nienstedt, Archbishop of St. Paul and Minneapolis. NET is a non-profit organization incorporated in the State of Minnesota and is funded through individual donations, program fees, and grants. NET Ministries is governed by a national Board of Directors.
SUMMER YOUTH MISSION
Mission and Pilgrim sites: Green Bay, WI
Conference: Steubenville North, St. Paul, MN
The Youth Mission Trip offers young people from the Church of St. Patrick the experience to grow in their faith and to be the hands and feet of Jesus in places around the country. The mission trip is open to all young people in the parish who are currently in high school at the time of registration and for mature incoming freshmen.
The mission is two-fold:
To share the love of Jesus and serve the neglected, brokenhearted, and marginalized in any way needed with the goal of inspiring participants to serve in their local communities.
To encourage participants to live as disciples of Christ through serving others, and to foster the spiritual growth of each participant through the Sacraments, the Catholic faith, sharing, and prayer.
In addition to helping out our brothers and sisters in Christ, there are fellowship, cultural, historical, and fun activities planned for the week.
THERE ARE A FEW REMAINING SPOTS FOR THIS SUMMER ADVENTURE OF A LIFETIME!
Steubenville North, University of St. Thomas, St. Paul
Register for our local mission SUMMER CONNECT or Green Bay Pilgrimage. All mission experiences are topped off with the conference experience!
Check out the mission trip link for more info and to register
Each summer, a group of young parishioners from The Church of St. Patrick attends the Steubenville Catholic Youth Conference created by Franciscan University of Steubenville. Franciscan University holds these conferences around the country, and Minnesota has two locations called Steubenville North I and II: The University of St. Thomas in St. Paul and the Civic Center in Rochester.
The Steubenville Catholic Youth Conference is a gathering of thousands of Catholic Youth from around the United States coming together to embrace their Catholic faith and to reach a deeper relationship with Jesus. With powerful music, dynamic talks, amazing breakout sessions, and anointed liturgies, this is an opportunity to worship the Lord and get serious about a life in Christ.
Registration for The Steubenville Catholic Youth Conference is open to students in grades 9-12 during the 2014-2015 school year and continues until all spots are filled. Adult volunteers are also required to make this trip possible. If you can help, please give us a call!
Check out the information for our Steubenville Conference and Pilgrimage 2015 at the Youth Booth!
SUMMER CONNECT questions: Tammy Molitor email@example.com
Green Bay Pilgrimage questions: Linda Abel-Thomas firstname.lastname@example.org
We invite anyone of 14-20 years of age to join us for THRIVE! THRIVE is a group of youth and young adults who gather once a week in order to deepen our faith and improve our discipleship
We will be discussing topics including:
Thrive meets twice a month on Mondays from 7-9pm in the Youth Room! Stop by the youth booth for more information or watch the bulletin for specific topics.
Questions: Rob Masloski at email@example.com